Karen Axelrod & Bruce Brumberg
Avalon Travel Publishing
Signed copies of Watch It Made in the U.S.A. are available for purchase. Unsigned copies are available from Amazon.com.
"Unusual travel opportunities, and they're closer than you think..."
|"Forget Willy Wonka
this (is) the real thing . . . wonderful."
Have you ever wondered how toothpaste gets into the tube? How stripes get on a candy cane? More than just a travel guide, Watch It Made In the U.S.A. helps you experience firsthand the products, companies, technology, and workers that fuel our economy, from Boeing to Ben & Jerry's, Hallmark to Harley-Davidson. Whether you're curious about jelly beans or journalism, tea or teddy bears, you can count on factory-tour experts Karen Axelrod and Bruce Brumberg to help you and your family visit hundreds of companies all across America.
This NEW edition includes:
- Over 60 new in-depth featured tours, including the Ford Rouge plant in Michigan, CNN's studios in New York City, and NASA sites in Florida and California
- Fully-updated profiles of factory tours and company museums
- New regional organization with helpful maps for trip-planning
- Advice for business travelers, families, teachers, and field-trip leaders, plus a section "For Kids by Kids"
- Information on tour hours and admission fees (often free!), age and group requirements, and disabled access
- Details on free samples, gift shops, and real factory outlets